Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lisa is awesome!!!

Wow, Lisa driving SAG for us was incredible. Paul and I blasted away almost 300 miles in 3 days on our bikes that were light as feathers while all our gear rode happily along in Lisa's trunk. She stopped every 20 or so miles so we could refill water and make pb & j sandwiches, and on top of all that, she was just a really really cool person, and I'm glad to have met her.

Today, we rode with our gear again and it really wasn't that bad. We did 60 odd miles in about 5 hours, but we definitely felt the difference, especially on the hills. We veered off route today and rode 6 miles into Louisa where my friend Lauren came and picked us up. Now, we are staying for two days at the commune/farm where she lives called Acorn. What's funny is that when she picked us up, she drove us back the extra six miles we had ridden through the hills and on to the farm. Damn!


Let me also just add that I love love love love love Lauren, and I've really missed her and it's so awesome to be spending some time with her and to have gotten to her the way I did.

So I've already met lots and lots and lots of great people here, and there will definitely be more to follow.

Until then...

2 comments:

Soul Piercing said...

wish you were going to be back before next weekend. Jes has organized an alleycat race called "the rock". a pace line from my neighbourhood to stone mountain, ditch bikes, run to checkpoint at top, run down, free for all back to inman park. i am so psyched. i surveyed the course today (on bike and foot) and am guessing an average time of 3 hours. every time i feel the pain though i will think of your trip and pedal that much harder!

Soul Piercing said...

oh, and my knee held up fine. if your tendon is doing as well, we have some business to attend to when you get back. no more, you can't run, i can't ride, nonsense. :o)