Sunday, July 22, 2007

Jammin' and Rollin'

Wow, after enjoying a jam session of guitar, bass, banjo, and drums at Acorn, we had another jam session in Lauren's room as she and Andrea rocked out some Mirah tunes. Then Lauren and I stayed up until after midnight talking. Not super smart when you have an early morning of riding ahead of you. I still managed to get up just after 7 am, hang around Acorn for a while watching Sabrina try to stir the oil back into a 5 gallon bucket of natural peanut butter and going through last minute photo opps. Wow, it was hard to say goodbye, or maybe "see you later." I gave big hugs to Danielle and Sabrina (who are staying at Acorn for the summer and totally rock) (Thanks for the chocolate Sabrina!) and then Lauren drove me and Paul to Mineral where I gave Lauren a big hug and Paul and I hit the road.

The terrain was amazingly FLAT!!! We rode about 55 miles in no time and pulled up to the Mackey's house around 1:30pm. We are staying with the Mackey family: Carol, Clyde and their sons Isaac and Noah just north of Richmond,VA. Clyde was so so so kind and generous when he drove us into Richmond and gave us a tour of the city then took us to a rockin' health food store and paid for our purchases!!! One exciting thing is that although I was bummed to miss out on the late brunch at Acorn and Sabrina's vegan cinnamon rolls and Lauren's vegan pancakes and soysage, I was thrilled to find a vegan cinnamon roll at the health food store in Richmond. The Mackey family is so great and I am so thankful for their hospitality!

Paul and I plan to hit Kitty Hawk in the Outer Banks in just two more riding days, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to post again until I get to Wilmington, NC. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the flat terrain and the Atlantic Ocean!

No comments: